Senior Test Engineer – Impact & Containment (m/f/d)
- Luft- und Raumfahrt
- Attractive and fair salary conditions
- Extensive employee benefit programme “Orizon PlusPoints”
- Training measures suiting your tasks and activities
- Up to 30 days of annual leave
- Personal support and qualified advice from the Aviation Unit offices, e.g. in Hamburg-Finkenwerder, Stade, Augsburg, Munich or Bremen
Your prospective job:
For our renowned customer from the aerospace industry, you work as a Senior Test Engineer – Impact & Containment (f/m/d)at the location Weßling.
The Systems Testing team is responsible for various disciplines covering component, system and aircraft level tests. It is set up in three divisions: Testing, Test Management and Test Operations. Our team runs tests that facilitate certification, development and research for the technology areas: Propulsion, Batteries, Structures, Environmental Tests and Hardware in the Loop (HIL).
You will report directly to the Team Leader for Propulsion Testing, and you will have complete ownership with end-to-end responsibility over tests and test rigs for Impact & Containment. This includes for example bird strike, fan-blade-off and containment tests on engines and flaps, but also of the whole aircraft. In this role you work in close collaboration with other members of the Propulsion Testing team.
You will manage the complete process of testing from requirements breakdown & concept development through calculation, design & production to test execution & data processing by always keeping the goal of qualification and verification of our aircraft components in mind. With many interfaces to the engineering teams like Propulsion and Avionics your work comprises multidisciplinary tasks with tight timescales, which require focused, efficient and proactive thinking to achieve effective and creative test approaches.
Your Day to Day:
- Planning and setup of test equipment and labs
- Identification of test rig requirements in relation to aircraft, system and sub-system requirements
- Holistic and agile test & test rig development including concept, design, data acquisition and documentation
- Pragmatic evaluation of test concepts with idealization of physical effects and first principles reasoning approach
- Coordination with interfacing teams from Engineering, CAD, Calculation and Production
- Ad-hoc & hands-on test execution to support our fast-paced development activities
- Degree in mechanical / aerospace engineering (M. Sc. / Ph.D.) or a related field is required
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with mechanical tests such as bird strike, fan-blade-off and containment required
- Experience with instrumentation such as strain gages, high speed cameras, DIC & related data acquisition and control systems
- Experience in test & test rig development, test execution & data processing
- Experience in certification processes (SC-EHPS, CS-E) and procedures beneficial
- Experience with multi-kW electrical machines and power electronics is beneficial
- Driven individual with the ability to probe & challenge assumptions
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as individually
- Target-oriented workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial
Orizon GmbH is your capable partner when it comes to standing out from the crowd on the labour market. With our individual advice you will find the job that suits you best. Being among the top ten German HR service providers, our company’s range of services includes the personnel secondment and placement of both skilled workers and executives of all professional fields.
Orizon's “Aviation” unit is the specialist for personnel secondment in the aerospace sector and – thanks to its excellent industry experience – offers you interesting perspectives in this field. You have an appropriate qualification and are interested in working in the aerospace sector? Or you already have gained experience in aerospace? Then, we are exactly the right partner for you.
Finden Sie sich in der Stellenbeschreibung wieder? Dann freuen wir uns auf Ihre Bewerbung
(unter Angabe Ihrer Verfügbarkeit und Gehaltsvorstellung) gerne per E-Mail an
email@example.com oder über unser Bewerbungsmodul auf dieser Seite.
Für Fragen steht Maximilian Maier gern unter der Telefonnummer +49 89 54459-490 zur Verfügung.
Weitere Stellenangebote finden Sie unter orizon.de
Wir nehmen den Schutz Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten ernst: www.orizon.de/de/datenschutzvereinbarungen
Verarbeitung des Lebenslaufs
Ihr Dokument wird hochgeladen, bitte warten...